Sunday 27 December 2020

Christmas Break 2020

After a wild and interesting 2020, the Christmas break has been a needed and welcome break. For me, it's meant that as soon as my office job ended end of day on Dec 22nd, I crashed for 4 days with sleeping being a key theme in my activity schedule. I didn't realize how tired I was until I stopped and because of that, I've slept in and napped until Dec 27th when I finally got outside and started cutting firewood and doing work around the farm. It ended up being a beautiful snowy day that was still and quiet and gave us all a chance to pause and reflect on the moment. Being present in the moment has been hard this year but the Christmas break has given an opportunity for that with today being a highlight.


Being able to enjoy the farm in this slower time is always a treat but this year has been a unique exception where it was needed by everyone. With so much of the year being busy with activities like haying, fencing, and barn renovations, this season has been a welcome reprieve where spending days in between naps and watching movies has been a guilt-free activity. 

With both of us going back on January 4th, we still have a full week before that happens so what will be the way to get rested before the winter push of work and classes? Most of the day will include some light work outside like cutting firewood, barn chores and general maintenance. The mid day cycle will include a nap and evenings are TV time which is very, VERY rare on the farm since we normally work on other office work in the evenings like finances for the farm, blog entries, social media updates and general research. 

I am looking forward to this next week of relaxing and socially distancing from everyone and everything while we recharge for 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farm Planning for 2024

As we settle into the winter months of January and February, we are looking ahead to planning for the year after the snow melts. Although wi...